Thanksgiving Leftover Ideas
Its Thanksgiving week! Hopefully, the groceries have been purchased, the decorations have been put out, and the DVR is set for the Macy’s Parade and afternoon football games. With all the preparation that goes into this holiday, here’s to wishing you a relaxing, fun time with friends and family and a chance to enjoy all your hard work and effort.
After the big meal is done, you’ll probably have a refrigerator full of leftovers – here are some great ideas to turn them into unique meals instead of having a repeat of Thursday for the rest of the holiday weekend.
- Turkey Casserole is one of the easiest ways to use up all that leftover turkey. Added bonus – you can make a double recipe and freeze one for next month! A few favorites include:
- Betty Crocker’s Turkey Tetrazzini crock pot recipe (only 15 minutes of prep!) http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/easy-slow-cooker-turkey-tetrazzini/ae60078c-b11c-4163-950f-a37916c3b802
- All Recipes’ Thanksgiving Leftovers Casserole (ready in about an hour!) http://allrecipes.com/recipe/234631/thanksgiving-leftovers-casserole/
- Foodess’s Turkey Chow Mein Casserole http://foodess.com/recipes/turkey-chow-mein-casserole/
- Turkey soup is another traditional way to serve the leftover meat. Try:
- Food Network’s Day-After Turkey Soup http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/day-after-turkey-soup.html
- Food Network’s Next-Day Turkey Soup with Mashed Potato Polpetti (great because it uses other Thanksgiving meal leftovers as well!) http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/michael-chiarello/next-day-turkey-soup-recipe.html
- For the somewhat more experienced chef, try Simply Recipes’ Mom’s Turkey Soup http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/moms_turkey_soup/
Side Dish Leftovers
- If you have houseguests, try serving this delicious recipe for breakfast the morning after Thanksgiving – All Recipes’ Ham Cups and Eggs http://allrecipes.com/recipe/230654/ham-cups-and-eggs/
- Turn leftover cranberries into a fabulous dessert with All Recipes’ Cranberry Upside-Down Sour Cream Cake http://allrecipes.com/recipe/27021/cranberry-upside-down-sour-cream-cake
- Try these Hand Pies from My Recipes for a great snack or lunch http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/savory-hand-pies
There you have it – all your leftovers turned into delicious alternative meals. And if you’re not up to the task, just throw everything between two slices of bread for the best sandwich you’ll have all year!